September 8, 2010

Afternoon Stroll

This afternoon Mike, Casey, Sadie and I went for a walk. We decided to forgo the neighborhood route and head for the Burnt Bridge Creek trail (now named the Stuart Glen Trailhead). This was Casey's first walk on the trail; however, I grew up riding my bike, walking and jogging on the trail.

When I was four, we had an exceptionally cold winter and the pond had frozen over. Because this is pretty rare, my dad took me to see the frozen pond. There were many people walking on the ice (I guess not very many people in Vancouver own a pair of skates). We examined the hole that had been made in the ice to measure its thickness. We put our hands in the water and it felt so warm compared to the cold air. The pond has never frozen over since.

Today the weather was partly sunny and dry, perfect for an afternoon stroll!

Sadie lookin' out over the pond.
Casey slept for some of the walk...
...but also took in some of the surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment